JUSTICE FOR FARMWORKERS CAMPAIGN
- This year’s session will end most likely at the end of this week. Which means if the Farmworker Fair Labor Practices Act is to come to the floor for a vote – it must happen immediately.
- We have 29 sponsors. (And two Republicans who have voted for it in the past). We really need to get to 32. So just one more.
Where we stand
- Call the Governor’s office: 1-518-474-8390
Tell his office: It is time for the Governor to push for the Farmworker Fair Labor Practices Bill to come to the Senate floor for a vote.
- Call your Senator and tell them you want S1291 to come to the floor for a vote. Find your Senator at https://www.nysenate.gov/
- Ask at least two other people in the District to call (and ask them to ask two other people).
End of Session Focus
- We intend to raise the Campaign within farmers’ markets this summer. If you can put together a small group of people who are willing to leaflet a market this summer – let us know and we’ll provide the materials and support.
- Reach out to the candidates running for Senate. Tell them you are a voter and you support the Farmworkers. Ask them if they would sponsor a bill to give farmworkers equal rights in the new session (let us know of their response).
If you are interested in being a part of a “PAC” (Prophetic Action Committee) contact José, the JFW Campaign Coordinator! PAC’s are groups of people who are committed to a creative and assertive presence within a Senate District during the next year.
José Chapa email@example.com