Rural & Migrant Ministry, Inc. works for the creation of a just, rural New York State through:
- Nurturing leadership
- Standing with the disenfranchised, especially farmworkers and rural workers
- Changing unjust systems and structures
Rural & Migrant Ministry acts to overcome the prejudices and poverty that degrade and debilitate all members of our society by: building communities that celebrate diversity, achieve true mutuality and offer dignity and opportunity to all. Rural & Migrant Ministry is an interfaith organization whose members believe that inspiration comes from participation in the creation of a just world.
To this end Rural & Migrant Ministry is committed to:
- Honor and support efforts of those who are disenfranchised, especially migrant farmworkers and the rural poor, as they seek greater self-determination;
- Transform ourselves to use our privileges and actions, not as pillars of oppression, but as forces for justice;
- Nurture the development of leaders from various communities;
- Build a ministry that brings people of diverse socio- economic, religious, cultural and racial backgrounds together and promotes the exchange of resources, ideas and hopes;
- Address the root causes of poverty and prejudice that are maintained in public and private policies through advocacy and the development of alternative policies and structures;
- Be equitable, just and honor diversity within the structures, policies, programs, activities and mores of the organization.